The Whisky Show 2010 - 29-30th October 2010, Guildhall, London EC2P
After the roaring success of our inaugural Show in November 2009, and the subsequent clamour from our Visitors and Exhibitors, we are delighted to be putting on The Whisky Show again in 2010. The Brewery in the heart of London’s Square Mile has been selected as the venue for The Whisky Show (TWS) this year, and once again we will be offering a luxury tasting event in superb surroundings.
• As before, The Whisky Exchange will co-host the show and will be running a display stand on both days of the event where Visitors will be able to purchase the exclusive premium malts offered for tasting by the various exhibitors.
• We are delighted that acclaimed chefs Graham Harvey and Sheila McConachie, authors of The Whisky Kitchen, have agreed to return to the Show with more of their award-winning recipes. Graham and Sheila are the Chef/Patrons of the Craggan Mill restaurant in Grantown and won the Spirit of Speyside Professional Chef of the Year Award in 2007.
• The all-inclusive ticket price will include free samples of delicious whisky-infused dishes from the top selling book, which was awarded the prestigious Gourmand World Cookbook Award in 2008.
• The matching of whisky with the finest Scottish produce proved to be very popular last year and will be developed further with a dedicated room at this year’s Show devoted to the fine art of whisky and food-pairing. We are hoping to create this room in partnership with a famous London food hall.
THE BREWERY - www.thebrewery.co.uk
With a tastefully modernised and comfortable decor throughout the venue, The Brewery is an ideal space for sampling some of the finest and most exceptional whiskies available. The Brewery has been selected as the perfect venue for The Whisky Show 2010. An ideal location nestled in its own courtyard near the Barbican in the heart of the City of London, the Grade II listed Brewery is a holder of a City Heritage Award and traces its heritage back 250 years when Samuel Whitbread established his brewery here. The main exhibition space is the Porter Tun room in which the storage vats were located, holding over one and a half million pints of beer. The oak beamed roof and wooden floors provide a traditional "malt house" feel and the event space is one of the largest in the city."Well I went to the show on the Friday with a friend and all I can say is WOW. I have been to many whisky events and that was far the best. It was in another league." Ron
LUXURY TASTING EVENT
Presenting great whisky to aficionados, connoisseurs and the simply curious in a comfortable, relaxed and fun environment, The Whisky Show (TWS) is a refreshing and distinctively different event dedicated to the promotion and appreciation of the finest whisky. This year we will be sticking to the principles that helped us make last year’s Show such a success:
• Focusing on premium bottlings above each brand’s standard expression (longer-aged whisky, new releases and/or special bottlings), TWS will offer a unique opportunity to sample top-end whisky for both the knowledgeable connoisseur and the passionate whisky fan wanting to learn more. For this reason, exhibitors have been encouraged not to bring their entry-level products to the Show.
• TWS will also be about fun and enjoyment, with a separate Whisky Diner, cocktails and lighthearted events creating a superb atmosphere – a world away from the stressed, workaday nature of many other whisky festivals.
• With a limited number of all-inclusive tickets available for each day, priced at £95 each, the event will attract the most dedicated enthusiasts and aficionados, providing a chance for the true whisky fan to taste the best whiskies in an intimate and luxurious but, above all, friendly environment."Congratulations on a terrific Show!! I enjoyed it thoroughly and all the exhibitors I talked to were enthusiastic… your intentions of having exclusive whiskies on the show were definitely fulfilled." Ingvar Norway
Visitors to the show will have the opportunity to attend Masterclasses run by some of the most famous names in the industry. Each Masterclass will feature a tasting flight including some truly spectacular whiskies well above the standard fare offered at other whisky shows. Places on all Masterclasses are limited to 30 people.
Last year’s Masterclasses included vertical tastings of Port Ellen Special Releases and the Glenlivet Cellar Collection, plus a selection of the best ever Rare Malts releases and a comparison of old and new expressions from Macallan and Laphroaig. These were some of the most ambitious and exclusive tastings ever conducted in the UK, and we are determined to maintain this incredibly high standard at this year’s Show.Further details of the Masterclasses planned for 2010 will be released as the Show date approaches.
"Your event was fabulous. Very enjoyable, educational and the most civilised of shows." Simon London
"Having worked my way around and after attending a Masterclass, I bought a bottle and eventually left the show having had one of the most memorable days in a long time." - Anthony London
VISITOR INFORMATION -
From the luxury venue to the layout and format, every aspect of The Whisky Show continues to support the objective of making it an exclusive and premium event. This allows distillers to showcase their finest whisky to an appreciative and discerning audience and gives visitors the unique opportunity to sample new, rare and special whiskies.
A comfortable afternoon timing, designed to prevent the frantic atmosphere of other whisky shows and enable visitors to take their time. The price of the ticket will include entry to the event, a free tasting glass, a free whisky-infused meal at The Whisky Diner, access to the Whisky and Food-Matching room and free samples of the featured pairings and all tasting samples at The Whisky Show. There will be no voucher system at The Whisky Show. Tickets for the Show will be available to purchase online from www.thewhiskyshow.com and from The Whisky Exchange Shop in Vinopolis. Tickets for the event will go on sale in April 2010, priced at £95 per person. Masterclass tickets will go on sale nearer the event, prices tbc.
Below are exhibitors from The Whisky Show’s 2009. Most of the below exhibitors will be returning in 2010 and a full list will be show shortly for 2010.
The below information is taken straight off The Whisky Show website
Penderyn - Wales’s first official single malt whisky has gone from strength to strength since the distillery’s inception in 2000. The first malt, matured in ex-Madeira barrels, was launched in 2004, and the distillery quickly expanded the range to include a variety of luxury releases including peated and sherried expressions.
For all enquiries regarding this show please use the following details.
The Whisky Show,
Tel: 01635 268080 ~~ Fax: 01635 269720
Share Planet Whiskies on social media